Script to Create Shortcuts to the Exchange Toolbox tools
On this Page
- Other Versions of Exchange
- Script Use
Other Versions of Exchange
This article is also available for other versions of Exchange.
The Exchange Management Console contains a number of useful tools for managing Exchange, which are actually separate items. This means that it is quite easy to setup a shortcuts in your Start Menu for those tools, so that you don't have to start them through the Exchange Management Console.
You can either create them manually, or use the script on this page which creates the menu structure shown on the left.
- Copy and paste the entire script below, in to notepad.
- Save as shortcuts.vbs on the Exchange server.
- Run the script from an elevated command prompt.
- The script will prompt you for the server's FQDN, enter that in the format of host.example.com - so no https or / anything.
While the script will create shortcuts on any machine, they will only work on a system with the Exchange 2010 management tools installed. It also does not include the shortcuts for the Unified Messaging Tools.